This position is responsible for scheduling, processing, and process flow of advertisements from sales to completion and for processing, organizing and storing SCI video assets and chapter compliance content.
Rec Min: $30,937.20
Rec Mid: $38,671.50
Rec Max: $46,404.79
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “other related duties as assigned”.
- Serves as a liaison between sales team, design team, clients and editorial team. Receives, organizes and maintains advertising materials; tracks editorials that support ads and routes materials.to appropriate staff.
- Proofs ads for placement, color, text reflow, and any other detail to ensure quality. Verifies that editorial supporting ads are placed and verifies all ads are included on dummy and proofs. Processes work orders for advertising edits and request for duplication of advertising materials. Files ad materials by issue.
- Creates, maintains, and updates Filemaker Inventories. Provides inventories to sales team. Verifies completed inventories based on deadlines. Dedupes and processes inventories and merges with master list. Ensures all information is accurate and in order. Verifies with all sales team members that the inventories are correct before imposition is created. Tracks all late additions using additional inventories and verifies accuracy of data. Assists with ad placement for magazine.
- Contacts client for ad approvals, lost, missing or improper format of materials. Works with each sales team member individually to confirm how client is to be handled. Works with client and production houses to maintain ad deadlines and quality.
- Names ads accurately per issue and place them on server from email and FTP. Retrieve ads from client FTP sites and SCI FTP site.
- Receives video assets, organizes, names video accurately. Maintains SCI video assets and organizes as necessary for storage. Works with SCI Departments to develop the best organization for all SCI video assets.
- Monitors and tracks all current active videos.
- Reviews videos as needed, monitors video content for proper content. Serves as a liaison between media outlets and SCI as instructed to ensure proper videos are routed to the media outlets, flags video that need edits and processes video out for edits and routes properly when returned.
- This position will also retrieve chapter content (video/image/documents) submitted by chapters through SCI’S website and organizes, names content accurately and files for other departments to access.
- Serve as a liaison between SCIF and SCI by retrieving SCIF shared content from designated folders and organize and name content accurately and file for SCI departments to access.
- Attend and assist with preparation and running of the Annual Convention.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties, skills, and efforts. Position descriptions are not intended to form contractual relationships between the employee and the organization but are intended to be a reflection of the primary elements of a specific job.
Must demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, hunting as an essential part of biologically sound and ethically responsible international wildlife management.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
This position is managed remotely, facilitates working relationships of remote co-workers and assists in managing the workflow of the advertising function. Incumbents are called upon to be resourceful problem solvers, resolve conflicting priorities, and maintain professional decorum. The position routinely interacts with other employees at all levels of the organization. The position also interacts with advertising representatives, outside vendors and service providers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
Essential functions are performed in a typical office environment and require operation commonly used office machines and equipment.
The position requires a High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience.
Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and exceptional customer service.
Must be proficient with spreadsheet, word processing, database, and graphic presentation software programs and have the ability to become proficient with proprietary software needed for the performance of the essential functions of the position. Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
A certificate from a college or technical school in an ad sales environment is preferred.