SCI’s State Advocacy Network
The SCI State Advocacy Network and local state Chapters play a critical role in the success of our advocacy efforts. You can become a valuable voice in your state by joining SCI’s State Advocacy Network.
Advocacy is about relationships, but it’s also about education. SCI’s success on Capitol Hill and in state legislatures, wildlife commissions, and within fish and game departments is dependent on our ability to educate policymakers about issues and SCI priorities. No one knows issues that affect hunters, trappers, and recreational shooters like you do. That is why using your voice as local sportsmen and women is critical to our mission.
As a State Advocate, you will serve as an important liaison and advocate for SCI with elected and appointed officials, such as state wildlife commissioners and members of your state legislature. SCI will provide you with advocacy updates, helpful tools, and the information necessary to develop and maintain relationships.
State Advocacy Network Engagement Opportunities:
- Attend your local Chapter meeting and fundraisers
- Participate in state or regional advocacy conference calls
- Engage in social media advocacy efforts
- Send letters to the editor
- Send emails to elected officials
- Make telephone calls to elected officials
- Provide written or in-person testimony
- Attend a local event with an elected official
- Donate to Safari Club International PAC
Get Involved with Advocacy
Thank you for your interest in getting involved with SCI advocacy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.